Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

18 Apr 2011

Finding my Voice

Since my world was shattered 24 days ago, I felt like I lost my voice. When doctors told me the horrid words: "I'm sorry, there is no heartbeat," my body was screaming so loud it could not make a sound. In the days that followed Amelia's birth and death (or it it death and birth?), I spoke, but had no voice.

I didn't have a voice because words that I spoke didn't change anything.

When I finally had the strength to admit what happened and start looking for people in my boat, I found that their presence in this world made a difference to how I felt. Today, I don't feel alone. Sadly, I feel that there are more of us than we admit. With this knowledge, I hope to one day find my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment