Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

23 May 2011

Funny?



Interestingly enough, when I saw this, I let out a little giggle. There was even a smile, followed by a deep sigh...

Reading the comments, I was surprised to find people who thought that it was offensive and questioned the post's presence on failblog. While the writer of the headline should probably stop using his/her thesaurus, I understand that the title wasn't written to offend anyone. Another surprise was to read a comment by another mom of an angel, saying that she didn't find it offensive either.

It made me remember how a similarly "gruesome joke" made us and a few other angel parents giggle. I don't remember what it was about, but it was definitely not something that would have made us laugh before we became Amelia's parents. We definitely need humour to survive, to let some of our emptiness and hopelessness out.

I wonder, what does grief do to our sense of humour, how does it change it?

1 comment:

  1. Grief makes everything seem out of place and profound when it may not be. Grief can be all encompassing or wash over you and pass along like the flow of the ocean's waves. I think when life comes calling, grief will turn to action or resignation or designation and one's sense of humor will return. First, it will be like a ripple in that ocean and then it will be a rivlet or a small wave lapping at the shore. You will know it is there because you will wade in with your ankle's and feel its embrace.

    ReplyDelete